Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm dreaming of a Blurb Christmas

In a highly original and utterly predictable move, Jon and I gave our parents Blurb-made wedding photo books for Christmas. (It seems like all newlyweds do something like this, doesn't it? It's practically inevitable. But hey, wedding photos make for lovely mementos.) Our wedding was early enough in the year that our parents could have easily pulled together their own photo albums before the holidays, but I held our discs captive to prevent that from happening. Muha!

By now you've probably seen most of these photos, but I wanted to share this book anyway. I know that our photographers typically use about 60 images when they make an album, so that's the number I kept in mind as I selected pictures. I'm really happy with how it came out! Click on the preview below to flip through.

9 comments:

  1. aw man...it looks TOTALLY amazing! i'm making one for my study abroad photos...but it's taking longer than I thought it would. Anyway...this is amazing....it looks so beautiful and I LOVE the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww :) i'm still SO in love with you photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that someone else loves Blurb books as much as I do! John and I made a couples cookbook for Christmas this year, and had to print a half dozen more copies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I've got big future cookbook plans myself :) Blurb is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. I've been thinking about making a photo album to use as our guest book thingy, but still undecided.

    How is the quality of the binding and cover ion the Blurb books?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The binding has been nice & sturdy, but I haven't had the books for very long. The guest book is holding up well though, and it's been handled a fair amount. I've only done the image wrap cover (sans jacket) and have been very impressed with the quality of the cover photos on all of the books I've done. It's also done in a nice matte finish that won't get fingerprints on it. Totally pleased with everything from them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job! I, too, made it a wedding photo Christmas...blurb books for both of our moms! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love this book! We did something similar for our parents this year. Such a great idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are so dreamy! I want to live inside them.

    I just found out about Blurb over Christmas, when an old friend of the beau's family came over and told me about the photo books his wife has created. I did some research later and found a review that the photo quality wasn't good, but I'm glad to hear your positive testimony. I will have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete